Our Lives Our Stories is a global anthology of abuse survivors’ stories and recovery tools.
You are invited to join a global movement of individuals who are sharing their stories of survival and the tools they’ve used to overcome personal struggles to live fuller lives.
Together we are building a resiliency resource. It is through the knowledge that no one is alone on their journey that we come to realize the strength found in our shared stories.
Your experience, strength, and hope have an important part to play in healing our global community. It is through the candid bravery of people, just like you, that those who have yet to find their voice gather the strength to do so.
Add your thread to the tapestry of courage.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Our Lives Our Stories Anthology
Please submit your answers to the following questions:
1) What is personal abuse story? [Please share your experiences with trauma and abuse in a narrative form] (Max 1000 words)
2) What happened to alter the situation? [What caused your life to pivot out of the traumatic incident and towards a pathway of healing?] (Max 1000 words)
3) What tools or activities have you use to cope with the affects of trauma? [Please be as specific as possible in your description] (Max 1000 words)
4) What message of hope would you like to share with other trauma survivors? (Max 700 words)
5) Share 2 original photographs or photos of original art pieces that embody: 1. Your feelings about your trauma. 2. Your feelings of hope and strength related to your healing.
Ensure all names included in your submission are fictitious, no real names will be used in the publication.
Please submit work as an attached .doc, .docx, or .rtf files. Photos need to be attached in .jpg, .gif, or .png files. Submissions made in the body of an email will not be considered. There is an open ended deadline, until we reach submission capacity; at which point a final deadline will be announced.
Email your submission to: Info@TerminallyForgetful.com
Note: All submissions will remain anonymous when published, unless you provide explicit consent or choose to identify yourself in your submission. By submitting your story and media, you are automatically giving Our Lives Our Stories permission to use these materials for the Our Lives Our Stories campaign and published materials. Your published story and materials will be used for the purposes of our work to build global survivor resiliency networks. Our Lives Our Stories reserves the right to select and edit content. Any content containing any form of hate and violence (in language or ideas) against any gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, country, nationality, age group, social class etc will not be featured.