Have you ever struggled to find the “right words” or the strength to say No? You are not alone. Trying to regulate the reactions and emotions of others is a common trait for those who have survived trauma and abuse. Being coerced, manipulated, forced, guilt tripped, and shamed do not have to be a part of your life. You deserve to be free! You have the right to exist, to have your voice heard, and to make boundaries.
It’s important to remember that the more comfortable you become with eschewing what does not work for you, the larger your YES becomes. Let’s work on this together!
What are ways to say No you haven’t tried, but would like to?
When you think of being your strongest and most courageous self, how would you say No?
What are your favorite ways to say No?
54 Ways To Say No:
2. That doesn’t work for me.
3. I’m not willing to.
4. I don’t want to.
5. No thank you.
6. I’d like to, but I can’t.
7. There’s no way I’m doing that.
8. Stop it.
9. I’m sorry, but no.
10. Thank you for offering, but I can’t.
11. Get away from me.
12. Don’t touch me.
13. I don’t have time for that.
14. Absolutely not.
15. No way.
16. I don’t feel particularly comfortable with that.
17. I’m not ready to do that.
18. I can’t take that on.
19. That doesn’t jive with me.
20. Nah, I’m set, thanks.
21. That’s enough.
22. Oh, I can’t say yes to that.
23. Thanks, but no thanks.
24. I’m not interested.
25. I’m busy.
26. Not right now, thanks.
27. I have to think about that.
28. I don’t agree with that.
29. Fuck off.
30. I’m not down for that.
31. I’m going to evaluate other options.
32. I can’t get my head around that.
33. I’ll have to get back to you on that.
34. It’s looks very interesting, but it’s not for me.
35. I’m not going to play this game with you.
36. I don’t think so.
37. That’s not happening.
38. That’s not for me.
39. I will not accept that.
40. That option does not meet my needs.
41. I feel doing that is unhealthy for me.
42. That isn’t viable for me.
43. Piss Off.
44. Get thee behind me, Satan.
45. Someone else might be better suited to that.
46. Not in this lifetime.
47. Buzz off.
48. Not over my dead body.
49. You’re kidding me, right?
50. No way!
51. Of course not.
52. Seriously?!? I don’t think so.
54. I’ll take that under advisement, thanks.
How do you say NO?
Please share your experiences or questions in the comments section below.
For additional tools for healing and recovery:
Subscribe to Amanda Lee’s Blog
Do you have questions about recovery or healing from trauma, abuse, alcoholism or addiction:
© Amanda Lee